Top 10 Simple Remedies to Treat Sunstroke At Home
Wondering how to treat sunstroke at home? Here are some simple home remedies to treat sunstroke at home. Heat stroke prevention is easy.
The sun in hot summer can cause heat stroke. The brutal sun heat can take all of your energy and make you feel weak and exhausted. Sunstroke causes extreme dehydration, which is not good for your body. The first best way to escape from sunstroke in summer is drinking a lot of water.
The second best way is to avoid sun heat as much as possible. It is very irritating to go outside in summer because of shiny hot sun. Therefore, avoid it if you can.
There are a few symptoms of heat stroke like high body temperature, vomiting, dizziness, weakness, headache, fast breathing, increase heart rate, sweating heavily, redness and lack of sweat. Heat stroke begins with delusions and mental irritation. Heat stroke can also lead to coma.
If you find these symptoms in you try these 10 simple remedies to cure sunstroke instantly.
Buttermilk hydrates your body and cools down your temperature. Heatstroke can make you sweat and sweating can steal some essential nutrients from your body. Butter milk has probiotics in it that helps to replenish your body with protein, minerals and vitamins.
- Simply blend 1 cup of yogurt and pour 2 glasses of water in it. Then add some salt in it and Mix all the ingredients properly. Enjoy this refreshing chilled drink at least thrice a day to get better result.
Take Bath with Cold Water
If you are having heat stroke take shower with cold water. It will help to lower your body temperature. Heat stroke increases your body temperature and cold bath reduces your body temperature quickly (1). Putting ice bags on neck and under the arms can also help to lower your body temperature.
- Fill your bath tub with cold water and stay in there for 20 minutes.
There are some useful oils that can treat heat stroke like peppermint oil, almond oil, olive oil and lavender oil. Peppermint oil causes cooling sensation and it helps to lower your body temperature too (2). Lavender oil is useful in treating sunburns and insect bites (3). These oils also help to prevent fainting (4).
- Take a few drops of peppermint oil and lavender oil and mix it properly. Simply apply the oil blend on your souls, on the back of your neck, on the wrists and on the forehead to reduce rising body temperature.
- You can also add essential oil into water and apply the mix on your neck and wrists with the help of clean cloth.
These beans are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat sunstroke. They contain cooling and detoxifying properties. These beans are antipyretic in nature and help to regulate body temperature. In china mung beans are used in rice, noodles, desserts and soups (5).
- Just boil 2 cups of dried mung beans in 6 cups of water and strain it. Then cool it down and drink it to treat heat stroke.
Onions contain anti-histamine property in them that can cool your body and also soothes sunburns. You can have raw onions in salads but onion juice is considered ideal in the sunstroke situation. All you need is onion juice and honey to finish heatstroke symptoms.
- Simply apply onion juice behind your ears after the heat stroke attack and leave it for some time. Drink 1 teaspoon of onion juice mixed with honey thrice a day. It will help to treat heat stroke.
- If you don’t like to use onion juice and raw onions, you can consume roasted onions with honey.
Coriander is good for cooling your body. It helps to wipe out body heat and helps to stop vomiting. Coriander juice contains cooling properties that helps to bring your body temperature down. You need a bunch of coriander and a pinch of sugar to make this remedy.
- Blend coriander leaves, add some water and extract coriander juice. Then add some sugar and mix it properly. Cool it and drink it once a day to treat sunstroke.
- You can also apply this juice on your hot and irritated skin.
Tamarind provides essential nutrients to your body. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and contains electrolytes that help to cool down your body in sunstroke. It is also effective in treating stomach disorder. You need few tamarind pieces, 1 glass of water and a pinch of sugar or honey to make this remedy.
- Simply boil some pieces of tamarind in 1 or 2 glass of water for a few minutes and strain it. Then put some sugar or honey to make it taste better. Cool it down and drink it.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is gifted with vitamins and minerals that help to replenish lost electrolytes and essential nutrients of your body. Sweating can cause major loss of potassium and magnesium. Apple cider vinegar can provide you these minerals.
- Just mix the one teaspoon apple cider vinegar in a cold glass of water and drink it to escape side effects of sun heat. You can also add apple cider vinegar in your juice.
Plums are rich in antioxidants and contain anti-inflammatory properties. Sunstroke can cause dehydration and internal inflammation and plums are effective to deal with these problems effectively. Plums also help to relax your body.
- Simply soak some plums in water and make them soft. Then mash them in water, strain the liquid and enjoy this drink.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera is an incredible herb to solve many health issues including sunstroke, hair loss, acne and cancer. It is rich in nutrients that are essential for your body. Aloe vera juice is beneficial in treating sunburns and helps to detoxify your body.
- Simply extract white gel from aloe vera leaf and discard green gel. Then mix 2 tablespoons of white gel in the glass of lemon juice or any other juice according to your taste. Drink it once or twice a week but not more than that.